Monday, August 16, 2010

Don't Worry...Bee Happy

Welcome to the Jungle!

I'm embarrassed by the shape of my back yard this year...talk about jungle land...whew. The bees, however, are loving it. I was so entertained this morning watching the bumblebees tumble, roll and dive through the passionflowers and wallow in the crepe myrtle pollen that I grabbed the camera.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I was really happy to see a few honeybees--most of the hives around here were decimated by that fungus a few years back. The bumblebees were the most fun to watch. Some passionflower blooms had up to four bees at a time, but they were so busy doing bee gymnastics that I never could get a picture with them all in focus! I'm pretty sure that if any of them got pulled over, most of them would get citations for bee-ing under the influence.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Elaine! I'm loving the passion flower and crepe myrtle photos...flowers I grew up with but don't get here in New England! Thanks for the morning treat!

    ReplyDelete