Friday, January 21, 2011

Seeing Spots

Today is Friday to most people but it is my Monday, so it's usually filled with activities geared toward working the next few nights... doing laundry, making sure the car has gas, and planning what I'm going to eat over the next few days so that I don't actually have to do any cooking.

I got a little distracted this morning when I saw a post over on CMG, Collectible Medium Green, a message board for Homer Laughlin collectors... my very talented friend, David had posted some gorgeous pictures showing off his polka dotted Fiesta in use, and asked other folks to show their dots. Hm.... laundry.... or playing with dishes??? Good thing I have more than 3 sets of scrubs because dishes win that battle EVERY time.

I only have a few pieces of polka dot Fiesta, so I knew I'd have to mix it up with other things... The polka dot pieces are scarlet and white, and while those would be the most obvious colors to mix with, I wanted something a little different....

Here's what I came up with:

Photobucket

Here's just the place setting, layered Polka Dots mixed with vintage Forest and vintage Yellow. The flatware is contemporary Fiesta by Cambridge in Chocolate.
Photobucket

Photobucket

So much for laundry!

3 comments:

  1. E,

    I'm so glad that you chose dishes! Your mixed dot patterns look wonderful with the quilts and your special striped glassware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, I love your tablesetting with the dots. And that quilt is so cute. It reminds me of the children's decals on the older dishes. And I see other quilts. Have I missed something? Do you collect quilts, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete