Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome Summer!!

I've been a bit of a slacker the last week or so.  I haven't posted anything, and have been really busy trying to get packed for the Homer Laughlin China Collectors Conference I'll be attending next month.  Those of you who know me well are probably re-reading right now to be sure that I said I was packing now.  I am a chronic last-minute packer, except that this time, I really can't be, because I am doing an exhibit, and am taking my dishes up early, so...  that means I am, indeed, packing NOW.     No worries, I'll be back to my old habits when it comes to packing my clothing and sundries!  I have a few other surprises and hopefully some new treasures to share this week, so do peek back in!

I did manage to slip outside and take a few photos in the yard to share as I join Candy at TLRT for This Week in My Garden.

The flowers in bloom are a nice mix of old friends like the butterfly bush, Joe Pye weed and coreopsis and newcomers Echinacea 'Hot Papaya' and coreopsis 'Lightning Flash'. 'Lightning Flash' is a little different than other coreopsis, because its known more for it's bright upper foliage than for the bloom.    The other echinaceas haven't opened up, although I think several will be blooming by next week.   The real "star" blossoming this week though isn't one of my flowers!  It's the giant pumpkin in my son's garden, and the bloom is BIGGER than my entire hand!

Buddleia (Butterfly Bush)  'Royal Red'

Joe Pye Weed


Coreopsis 'Zagreb'






Coreopsis 'Lightning Flash'

Echinacea 'Hot Papaya'

Massive Pumpkin blossom in my son's veggie garden!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine -

    My butterfly bushes are in full bloom now too!
    Didn't plant any pumpkins this year .... such fun and always a surprise to see how they develop. Looking forward to seeing the kid's results. :-)

    Thanks for coming to the garden party,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete