Monday, August 29, 2011

Nasturtiums for the Lady in Red

My friend Becky and I bonded over dishes and linens.  We cheered each other's "finds", and enabled each other constantly.  Our dishes and linens travelled between Virginia and Alabama, and we enjoyed visiting via message board, phone, and in person too.

This hard to find vintage cloth  was made by Prints Charming and features Nasturtiums on a trellis.  Becky and I both loved this cloth, and we had hoped to add other colorways to our collections. Since my cloth was primarily turquoise,  I chose scarlet, turquoise and red stripe Fiesta, vintage Tiffin goblets, and contemporary Martha Stewart polka dot napkins to accent the colors in the cloth.

 


Here's a bit closer peek: 

Today would have been Becky's birthday, and I just couldn't resist sharing one of our favorites with you. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful contrast of warm and cool tones, E! I can just see you and Becky sitting down for some yummies and a chat while enjoying this truly amazing cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful! What a lovely tribute to our dear diva!

    ReplyDelete