Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stripes 'n' Apples

Yesterday was an exciting day for mail....  I got something I've been really excited about...







These are a vintage nest of Homer Laughlin mixing bowls.  Usually you see them in turquoise, but occasionally they're found in yellow, orange, or ivory.  They sometimes have a stripe as decoration, but this particular set has a triple red stripe, just like the stripe found on some vintage Fiesta pieces.  I found them on Etsy, and have been on pins and needles awaiting their arrival.  The seller was wonderful:  Thank you, Eileen for your wonderful packing and for the delightful conversations.  I promise the bowls have a good home here in Virginia.  I am excited to start finding ways to use and display them!

1 comment:

  1. The bowls look right at home on your table, E! I know they will be very happy in your dish family.

    ReplyDelete