Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Comfort Foods



I don't know about you, but when I'm feeling bad, often I turn to old favorite foods to help me feel better. No clue how it works or why, but things like this broccoli casserole are on my mental list of Foods That Make Me Feel Better. Others include Potato and Cheese Soup, Pot Roast with Baby Carrots and Potatoes which also means that I can immediately make Vegetable Soup from the leftovers (and sometimes even from the before they ARE leftovers!), Chicken and Dried Beef Bake, Stuffed Peppers, Home made spaghetti sauce like my gran used to make, and Pinto Beans and Cornbread. oh, and can't forget southern style cooked kale. I also love Potatoes au gratin, freshly made rolls, and biscuits and sausage gravy, but as much as I love eating them, I don't love how icky I feel afterwards.

I had such a rough day yesterday that it seemed Broccoli casserole worthy. It hasn't been but a couple of weeks since I last made one, but I had the stuff, and I wanted it. Reason enough.

I love the square fiesta bakers. I have two: cobalt and chocolate. The cobalt was in the dish washer, which made the decision of which to use easy!
I only have one rectangle...might have to rectify that at the tent sale this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment