Monday, April 4, 2011

Kitchen Color

We've had some cold and dreary days lately here in the Blue Ridge.  It's a good thing that it's always bright and colorful inside my house, especially in the kitchen.  On one wall, I have  vintage red mug rack holding a few of my contemporary Fiesta mugs.  It's surrounded by a mix of reproduction and original can labels. 




Recently we did a bit of renovation, changing my inaccessible pantry into something more user friendly.  The contractor also added a custom spice rack, and reinforced my shelving since the Fiesta is fairly heavy.


Even peeking out the window over the kitchen sink is colorful, despite the weather!

The red countertops came with the house when we bought it more than 20 years ago.  I keep talking about replacing them, but it's hard to envision my kitchen without them. (and no, I didn't keep both Fiesta knife blocks... the solid black set is now living at my friend JJ's house in Lansing, Michigan!)


I recently decided to change out the flatware I use.  Here's the old flatware, all washed up.  Now if I can just get motivated enough to list it for sale somewhere.  Anyone need flatware?
 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your countertops! Mine are boomerang aqua and I wouldn't change colorful for "neutral" for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful kitchen color, Elaine! That new spice rack looks perfect for Penzeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, did you ever get rid of your flatware? I started collecting Fiesta plates a while back, but have not switched out to the flatware yet. This looks like a great start!

    ReplyDelete