Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mustard, Ketchup, and Calaprint

Recently, my friend Pam mentioned that her daughter had made an observation about her Scarlet Fiesta when paired with the 2011 color,  Marigold:  "uh, it looks like mustard and ketchup."   and I don't think it was said with enthusiasm, either...

So, when this beautiful Calaprint tablecloth arrived, mustard and ketchup were on my mind.   I used Post 86 Fiesta in scarlet and Polka dots, vintage Fiesta in yellow to substitute for the yet-to-be-released Marigold, and HLC Ballet, with a Target melmac tiny dotted bread plate, topped with a Pearl Gray Fiesta tripod bowl.  The flatware is Masquerade, the egg cup/candleholder is Vistosa by Taylor, Smith, & Taylor.   The glasses are vintage Anchor Hocking  Rhumba.  The napkins were my grandmother's.  The Fiesta shakers were a gift from a wonderful dish friend.

I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday, as usual.  Be sure and drop by.






5 comments:

  1. Elaine, not a combination that comes first to my mind (and not a normal type colour combo for you at all) but i absolutely adore it. It looks fresh and funky and makes me think of warm weather, corn on the cob and other summer time treats.

    I wonder what it would look like with the a solid cultery - however the bright zap of the rainbow is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work with "condiments" Elaine! I think you need more Ballet.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Calaprints! This one is very unique! Nice dots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute table. Red and yellow. I notice several of us "tablescapers" are using that combo this Thursday. :)
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this cheery color combination! And what a fabulous tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete