Saturday, April 30, 2011

May Day

Do you ever plan a tablescape, and have it  not quite look the way it did in your head?  I had decided on a May Day theme, complete with maypole and little pottery boats filled with a votive and flowers... a mix of fiesta and a fussy square painted plate....and used a California Handprints tablecloth with happy little pansies decorating it as the base for my inspiration...  It's pretty, but i think I needed a type of pansy called "Antique Shades" to really set off the cloth...the yellow and purple violas seemed to compete for attention, didn't they?  Maybe next time, I'll try a sweet white basket filled with pansies as a centerpiece.   What do you think?

...and for some other lovely May Day offerings, you might want to peek and see what the other divas are doing this lovely MayDay:  Daphne at Tabletop Time, Candy at The Little Round Table,



3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautiful, fun and happy, it sure made me smile! Lovely pottery, such colors! Love your tbcloth, the centerpiece and the pretty square plates...it did come out great!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, E! It may not look the way you envisioned it, but I think it's wonderful! It's not easy to do a May Pole centerpiece, but you've succeeded in fine form with the Cardinal shrimp boats. I love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tc is divine! And I love all the other unexpected surprises!

    ReplyDelete